Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.

Negativity

If I could give everybody a good shot in the arm of positive thinking, I would! It's not that I hate negativity. I mean, I do, but I also understand it. Nobody can be happy every second of every day. We have to have really bad terrible no good days to appreciate the really good days. I just struggle when someone is having a really hard time and I can't fix it. I just want to make everything better! I want to make the sun shine when it's rainy, so to speak.

My own personal way of dealing with dissappointment is, quite honestly, to find the best in it. Of course I have to first come to grips with it first and really have a chance to feel, well, dissappointed. But I can't stay there very long. It's dangerous to stay there. I know I have to pick myself up by the boot straps and get moving.

I am Pollyanna.

You know I am. I am my life's ultimate spin doctor. I can play the Glad Game like nobody's business! I want to find that silver lining.

I still have really rainy days, though. Days where the sun is behind so many layers of dark gray clouds, the silver is completely hidden. But I know it's there. The sun is ALWAYS on the other side of the clouds... no matter how many layers there are. That's just how the universe works. Heavenly Father never ever leaves us completely alone. He is always in the same place, beckoning for us to come to him, to kneel and ask for help.

With HIM on our side, how can we fail? :)

It's way more fun to spend life focusing on the good than to always find the bad. 'Nuff said!

She's so cute, isn't she? :D

3 comments:

Liz Jaquier said...

What a cute post, and I can relate. I was once asked why I'm always so happy all the time. I told that person that I made the decision once to be happy. Basically no one can make me be something I don't want to be...so if I don't want to be negative or unhappy, then I'm not. See, you and I were meant to be friends! :)

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

You have ever been a Pollyanna--and I am so glad! I learn from you and your positivity!

Grandma Turtle said...

If you got stuck in the middle of the cow corral in sloshy Springtime, you would probably be smiling and looking at all the good things. Thank You for shining your flashlight for my feet on the path. :)