Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Day 2 - A picture of you & the person you have been closest to the longest.


If I can only pick one person then it will be my Mom. After all, she carried me before anyone else even knew me as a person!

We are still the best of friends. I guess I should say we are now the best of friends. There were some times in there, when I was a stubborn teenager for example, when we had some rocky patches. But I have ALWAYS loved my Mom. We can (and do!) talk about anything and everything. I love late night chats on the instant messenger. I love phone calls. Most of all, I love being in the same place that she is so that our visits can begin and end with big hugs. There is nothing in the world like my Mom's hugs... warm, loving, comforting and she always smells SO good! :D

2 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Great tribute! It doesn't seem possible that in the blink of an eye we have gone from that picture to the present! You are a great asset to your extended family, too!

Grandma Turtle said...

You're leaning on Laura in that picture. :)