Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 4 - A picture of your favorite memory.


Can anyone really pick just ONE favorite memory? There's like a billion of them rattling around in there! I decided I'd pick a favorite class of memories... Each time someone was added to my family. I was going for the earliest picture I could find with me in it as well as the new addition.

Geoffrey
I love this picture because we are laughing together and that is what drew me to him in the first place. He can always make me laugh. Even when I don't want to. Especially when I don't want to. :D We are best friends.

Rebecca
She is hooked up to so many wires under that blanket! Her birth was by far the most eventful and so were her first few months and even years. I learned more than I ever wanted to know about all kinds of diagnoses and disabilities. I'd like to say that she was a calm and peaceful baby, I really would! :) She came home to our first home, our tiny cinder block student housing 2 bedroom apartment in Logan. And we've loved her to bits and pieces ever since!

Emily
Such a sweet and delightfully uneventful birth. Although she didn't let us see beforehand, so we were a little surprised that she was a girl. :) The Dr. almost didn't let us leave with her on time because he wanted to test her for CMV. After explaining and giving him time to study it out in the hospital library, he let us go. I've always hoped that that experience made him more aware of CMV. She was born in the Old Tooele Hospital... I know, I am just that brave! :) It was literally the week they moved into the new hospital. The day before we went home was the open house of the new hospital and it was really quiet. :)

Grace
We were so excited to have 3 girls in a row! It had been a very big decision to have them all so close together with all of Becca's issues, but she must have been up there jumping up and down to come because it felt just right the whole time. She was such a peaceful baby! We always used to say that her name was perfect for her. We stopped saying that when she was a toddler. :D

Landon
Oh Boy! We were thrilled to be having a boy at last! We were going to wait, but we decided we just better go for it and get everyone here. We put our house on the market while I was expecting. What an adventure!! We moved an hour and a half away when he was crawling. He was such a mellow, smiley baby.

Ethan
They told me he was a boy and I just couldn't believe it! He is the most perfect caboose there ever was. He was just high maintenance enough as a newborn to remind us all that he will never get lost in the chaos. :) He is so happy and curious and loving. He's our Happily Ever After.



3 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

What a fun walk back through time. :) Thanks for adding each of your family to our family. We love You.

CamilleJohnFam said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Sweet post, Diana! You just keep rockin'!