Sunday, August 30, 2009

Belly Shots

If all goes according to plan, this will be the last baby to join our family. On one hand, 5 is a really good size, especially with one as awesome as Becca. On the other hand, Becca will not be getting any smaller and she's quite a lot to lift and carry. And on the other hand, what could be more perfect than 3 girls and 2 boys? Everyone has a someone! That's plenty of hands for me, not to mention the Lord's hand that guides us in everything we do and we really feel very peaceful and fulfilled and blessed beyond our capacity to receive it sometimes. :)

In light of this final adventure, I decided that rather than hiding from the camera all the time, I wanted to document this last foray into the unique experience of carrying another life for 9 months. And besides, hubby got a new camera and it's fun to play with new toys. :) So, without further ado, here are some fun shots of me and my nameless little fellow who is due to arrive in about 3 weeks.





5 comments:

Burt Family said...

If only I would have been as brave as you to take the belly shots. Sometimes I wish I would have done that just so my girls would have something when they are old enough to be moms and want to know all that stuff about when I was having children. Oh well, I don't think we are going to have 9 month repeat just to get some pictures.

Jen said...

I love the belly shots. I took them with my babies too. It's the only time you'll have any kind of tummy so you need to remember that.

My kids love to look at the pictures, Faith just giggles when I tell her "you were in there!".

Good luck... not much longer. I hope you are sleeping ok. :)

Christie said...

I love belly shots! I think that they should be mandatory, lol
You look great and I can't wait to see pics of that cute little baby boy!!

Leanna said...

These photos are adorable!! Diana, you look GREAT!!! You look so happy & healthy!!! I love the belly! Only a couple more weeks to go...I'm excited for you & your family!

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

You look so good! I told Geoff today with the size of your belly, this little guy may give Landon a run for his money :) I hope the last little while goes quickly for you. I love your advise about pulling out the Binky.. that is great and I'm sure I will use it!!