Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gracie's First Day of Kindergarten


It was the day we had all been waiting for! Gracie's first day of real school! She had endured a whole week of big sisters going to school and it was finally her turn! Her way of showing her nervousness and excitement was to be a bit whiny during the first part of the day, but she ended up being the picture of confidence. We decided together to save the matching dresses for Gracie's first day instead of the older girls' first day. They are what we have decided to call 'casual dresses' and the leggings underneath make playground playing much easier and more modest. :)


By the time afternoon rolled around, Gracie was MORE than ready to go. She picked ravioli for lunch with grapes on the side. School is supposed to start at 12:40 and we were done eating at noon. I dawdled as much as I could and finally got ready to take her. We were WAY early to the school because she was standing ready at the door with her backpack dancing around. We walked down the hall and took her picture by her door and she was like, "Bye, Mom!" I had to call her back to get a hug! :D As soon as she was in the classroom and we started to walk away Landon was the one to burst into tears. He cried all the way back down the hallway and outside. I tried to get a picture, but he was looking back at the school. Don't mind my weird face in that one. :D


So, she's there and happy and I'm not sure what I feel. I mean, I'm okay because she was so okay with the whole thing. She's SO ready! I just know she's going to have a great time and I'm crossing fingers and toes that she obeys and is kind to those around her. But, I have a really good feeling that even though she has slip ups and says things she shouldn't sometimes and doesn't always follow directions, that she will learn to do everything and show everyone the sweet, wonderful girl she is inside. She will have fun satiating her curiosity by having another someone to ask Why? Why? Why? to and she will make great new friends. Kindergarten is going to be GREAT! :D

1 comment:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

You write the cutest posts about your kids! I'm really glad I got to peek into Gracie's first day of kindergarten, the new matching dresses, and the sad little brother. What a good-looking troupe you have!