Monday, February 07, 2011

20 Things You May or May Not Know About Me

Why 20? Because I tried to do one equal to how old I am and I ran out of things to say. I know what you're thinking, she was SO close! :D Ha!

Why make a list? Because I want to leave foot prints behind for my children to relate to later. Any more questions? Okay then, here we go!

1) I love going to Church. I like wearing a dress at least once a week and I love the feeling I get there and I love singing my self-taught alto. Plus, I have an incredible Ward with Incredible youth and I love rubbing shoulders with them all.

2) Instead of a class ring, my parents gave me a ASL CTR ring that I still wear.

3) My ring size is 6... at the knuckle. It's probably half a size smaller where the ring actually rests, but it must be a 6 to get it over my knobby knuckles.

4) I love to read! I mean, LOVE!

5) My thumb nails grow out wonky. I'm pretty self concious of both of my thumbs, but I can't afford to have acrylic nails all the time. I would if I could. :)

6) Hammon genes: freckled super pale skin, tall and thin, wonky thumb nails :), most people say I look just like my Mom (minus the wonky thumb nails). :) Why, thank you! ;)

7) Lee genes: the way my pointer fingers turn in like Grandma Lee, teensy pinky toes, tall, very dark hair, super ticklish feet, a penchant for black licorice, Chinese food and smoked fish like my Dad. :)

8) I love movies from the 50s and 60s... Doris Day, Rock Hudson, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Danny Kaye, Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds.

9) I also love music from this era... Frank Sinatra, Doris, Bing, etc.

10) I love music from the 70s, too. It played at my house all growing up.

11) Not so much the 80s, though. I mean, some of it is meaningful for me, but mostly... meh.

12) The 80s were also not kind to style and hair! I don't think the inverted triangle is a nice shape for anyone's body... think about it... wide shoulders, tiny waist... wide hips, tiny ankles... and top it off with larger than life hair. What?!

13) I do find myself jamming to music of the day... Train, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, Cobie Caillat... I'm pretty easy to please music-wise. :)

14) I love the Sims 2 PC game. I started playing the Sims in its first incarnation when I was pregnant with my first child and here it is 10+ years later! It's like playing House on the computer. :D

15) I hate feet. Everyones'. I even hate my own. Mostly I hate touching them, I'm okay walking around on them. :) I'm just glad they're so far away from my face. I wash my hands after I touch feet.

16) My husband and I don't have pet names for each other. We call each other "Geoff" and "Diana." True story.

17) I tell my family I love them every time I talk to them on the phone and in their blog comments and on facebook and in my thoughts. :)

18) I have the most amazing, beautiful, smart, wonderful, creative, sneaky, smiley, mysterious, cerebral, tall, big, loving, imaginative children there ever were!

19) If I could have a super power, it would be telekinesis... I would save myself miles and miles of walking if I could point to something, curl my finger and it would come flying at my head! :D

20) Since it's usually my idea to take a picture of someone, there are quite literally no pictures of me anywhere. I looked for one for this post and I only found me in family pics this summer. Note to self, face the front of the camera once in a while!



Giving credit where credit is due, I got this awesome idea from my awesome sister. If you don't know her, I feel bad for you because she is the awesomest awesome that ever awesomed! (BOTH of my sisters are!) Her blog is private, so I won't link to it, but I am glad for the insight I gain by stopping by there. :) This is what she said that inspired me:

"So when I was Visiting Teaching the other day, one sister told me to make sure that I have pictures of myself available to my children. She said that she always hated pictures of herself and didn't take many and didn't display any. She said now that she's a grandma, she wishes she had pictures of herself to show her grandkids and kids during different times in their lives. Like not just baby pictures of the kids, but of her holding the kids or playing with the kids."

So, here's me taken just the other day in a dark parking lot by my husband while wearing a D.I. skirt I altered longer just before we left so it would match my coat after he bought me a new hat on our date. :) Enjoy!


9 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

That was very fun to read about You. I'm glad you and Geoff are still dating. :) I hope you are also holding hands and kissing. (and giggling when the kids catch you, and say 'ewwwwww')

Geoffrey said...

And a good 95% of them, I sure like.

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Diana, I love the way you think, the things you write, and your ability to love deeply!

Ruth Sagers said...

I love Danny Kaye! Ok, actually, I've only ever seen him in one movie: "The Court Jester". Have you seen it? That's one of my all-time favorites, but I grew up watching it. It's hilarious! And I love feet!

aprilhoyt said...

That was fun!
I agree with the picture thing, most of the pictures of my mom have her hand in front of her face.
I love reading as well!

Not even honey or sweetheart?

Carissa said...

You're cute :) If I were you, I would get in as many pictures as I could.

aprilhoyt said...

Oh and I LOVE your outfit in that picture at the end of this post! Too cute!!

Unknown said...

I love it! And I've never noticed your thumbs, but I have noticed your feet, mainly because they are as long as mine, and it's nice to have big footed friends.

Liz Jaquier said...

What a cute idea! I love it! And I love your cute comments, they make me laugh and always have! You have a great heart and a great spirit...I knew there was a reason I was drawn to being friends with you! You're such a treasure! :)