Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blog Review - At Second Street


Photobucket

I have become addicted to craft blogs. Notice I said craft BLOGS, not actual crafting! :D If it involves a sewing machine, sure! I'll try it! Unfortunately paper, glue and scissors are not really my friends. It takes me forever to think of something to do with them and it never turns out quite how I saw it in my head. But I do love to read about other people's fantastic ideas and see their cute pictures. I also get a kick out of all the fun, creative food ideas out there. It almost makes me want to bust out my cake decorating nozzles and my chocolate dipping... wait, nozzles? No, no, no, no, no. I'm not really a "fancy food" person. I'm more of a chocolate chip cookie person. :) There are SO many great ideas out there right now, though! Hence the craft blog surfing.

Super cute re-fashioned T-shirt dresses for her girls.

One of my frequently visited links is Sugardoodle. It is an LDS-run site that has ideas for activities, treats and inspiration for Activity Days, Young Women, Boy Scouts... you name it! I love to go there for ideas! I even have a little reminder that pops up in my Facebook feed from them that reminds me to go look at cool things if I want.

Adorable T-shirt hat that I really, really need to make for myself!

One day, one of those Facebook links took me to the cutest crafty blogs I had ever seen. I seriously loved all of her sewing projects and drooled over her food ideas and enjoyed her cute, upbeat writing style. Usually, I like some of the ideas in any one blog, but this one was just totally speaking my language. So, after clicking around for quite a while, I got curious who was writing this new favorite blog of mine. How shocked and excited was I to find out that we had lived on the same block as kids and she and her sisters were my sisters' best friends? (The one my age was a boy, or I'm sure I could include myself in there!) :D AND even better than that, the man I married has a family of cousins that are HER cousins, too! It was so fun to write her an email and give her props for a seriously awesome blog.

I love, love, love this unique craft! Seriously, how cool are these kid-inspired wall hangings?

So, if you want to join me in my all new crafty blog addiction, start with At Second Street and don't look back! The links and labels listed down the right side are a great place to start. I need to find someone with as cool of a donate pile as she has that she has made into so many re-fashioned projects. Say "Hi!" to Kalleen while you're there and tell her Diana sent you! ;D


The post that started it all... I really want to make some of these, too... for next year! ;)

2 comments:

Emilee said...

You know... those bags might be a good addition to your BeccaBug Store, too.

I find it funny that you'll try the sewing projects but other crafts are scary. I'm totally the opposite.

Carissa said...

LOVE the hand trees. Thank you for sharing!

P.S. I'm with Emilee--sewing is way harder for me.