Thursday, July 03, 2008

Haphazard Notions

We turned the sprinklers up to 45 minutes instead of 30 to give our plants a fighting chance in the hot, hot sun. We only water twice a week to save on water and help our plants be tough!

Gracie's hair cut fits her already even though we cut off like 8 inches. She started the process and the hair stylist helped us out in the end, but it is really, really cute and I didn't think I'd like it. She reminds me of my Mom. :) I don't know how we knew looking at a purple, wrinkled newborn, but she is so aptly named! It's like we were psychic. :D

I have had a REALLY hard time with Landon turning one. It's like he's not going to be a baby anymore soon and I'm struggling with that.

It is so hard to watch people you love go through tough times and not be able to do anything about it.

Harry Potter rules!

I love to write, but I don't feel like I have the time to devote to it what it needs to become great. I really think it's in me, but I don't feel like I can do it justice right now. Which really bites!!

Hubby rides his bike to work every day and I am SO proud of him!! I wish I did anything that ambitious!

I'm a wimp about going anywhere with all of my kids by myself. I should just do it, but I usually talk myself out of it. I can do it, don't underestimate me, I just don't. Maybe I should.

I did my Visiting Teaching last month! Yay me!

Seriously, have you re-read Harry Potter lately? It rocks!

I'm behind on so many things! Is it due to the previous random gem? Maybe. But really, I just like to make things last longer, it's more fun that way. 8) (That one means my eyes are rolling, somebody was so clever!)

My kids watch too much TV. I try to make them play outside and they come in exhausted and pink because it's so hot. Maybe I'll make them run laps around downstairs. :D Heehee, that made me laugh!

If I spent half as much time doing the things I think about doing, I'd get so much done!

4 comments:

The Crider Clan said...

I got a big kick out your randomness! I'm glad to see you are back and haven't dropped off the face of the earth!

Melissa

Burt Family said...

I'm happy to see you are back also. I was beginning to wonder if all was well at your house. But then I figured with it being summer you were probably of family reunion hopping! Can't wait to hear more of the excitement at your house.

Sophie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has long periods between blogging! Good to hear from you!

CamilleJohnFam said...

I'm happy that your kids can play outside. It is just almost cool enough to play outside here. Earlier, my kids wouldn't have come back in pink. They probably just wouldn't have come back in because they would have died of heat stroke. Phoenix is way too hot for anyone sane. Most of those who live here on purpose hate snow and find this desert a paradise.