Sunday, June 12, 2011

Technology: can't live with it, can't live without it

The bad news is: the new ipod went kaput. The REALLY bad news is: it was my camera of choice for the past few months and it had A LOT of pictures on there that are now also kaput. :(

I'm not a good scrapbooker. I'm not a good journal-er. I'm not even a good blogger. But I am a good picture taker. We have folder upon folder of pics between hubby, his artistic eye and new camera and me and my point and shoot. The point and shoot went kaput long ago, but the same day we tried to figure out what happened to the ipod, we bought it a new battery and it's working again. Yay! But that still leaves the hole of the past few months. Some things I remember taking pictures of with the ipod:

My new mother's day sewing machine... that's still in the sewing room, I could take more pictures of that.

Ethan... who has probably changed the most, given his age. In snow boots from cousin Alex's baby days. Wearing silly hats. Crying his eyes out for Daddy to get home... there was a video of that one... very sweet.

I had a couple of tutorials I was going to blog about, like how to make a skirt longer so it's modest. And also a series of pictures of Emily sewing for the first time totally by herself.

Tons of hilarious mashed up face pictures that the kids made using an app that stretches and squishes your face in different ways. It seems like every time I picked the ipod up, there would be more of those. :D Mostly of Gracie. :D

Landon hiding. Landon sleeping. Landon making funny faces and wearing silly things.

My phone was in one pocket and the ipod in the other most days. I pulled it out and just snapped us... life... whatever was in front of me that I wanted to remember. I love technology and all the fun stuff that goes along with it, but when it goes wrong like this... it sucks.

4 comments:

Burt Family said...

I feel your pain. When living abroad I lost my camera and hadn't downloaded for nearly 6 months. I was sick about it months afterwards. The only thing that made it bearable was I had posted a few pics here and there on my blog and I had emailed some to friends so they shared back. I'm sorry your ipod went kaput, but happy it's up and going again!
This time remember to download every so often :)

P.S. I left you a message on my blog regarding the comment you left for me :)
Miss you my friend! When you guys going to have a road trip to the olympic peninsula, lots of photo ops for Geoff!

Emilee said...

I just had this happen last month with my Droid. I had backed it up two weeks before because it had been acting funny and I was doing a planned factory-reset and reload. That was a few days before Easter. One week after Easter, it's dead. And it took the SD Card out with it. Thank goodness I only lost 2 weeks of photos, but unfortunately, they were all of Joselyn's first Easter pics. :(

P.S. - As I'm typing this, I see that my word verification to post a comment is "arggh". Hehe. Fitting.

Josi said...

I had a computer crash that wiped out a year and a half of photos. I still hyperventilate when I think about it. I'm just glad my kids weren't babies, but still...technology is a double edged sword.

Also, you won the cookbook and copy of Lemon Tart on my blog. email me at kilpack@gmail.com with your mailing address and I"ll get the prizes to you. Congrats!

CamilleJohnFam said...

No fun! Sorry that happened!