Wednesday, August 11, 2010


My head is full. My heart is full. I have SO much to say that never every seems to get said. I literally compose blog posts as I clean my house, change diapers, wipe runny noses, fix dinner... but they never seem to make it into print.

I am an internal creative whirlwind. I have SO many ideas I want to create... with a sewing machine, with a computer, with scissors and glue, with hair elastics and ribbon. So, why do I get so clogged? Why don't I just do it? Well, not that I'm blaming her, but the most obvious reason is that as soon as I decide to do something, my cell phone alarm beeps reminding me to feed Becca so her special diet is perfectly spaced throughout the day. Or Buddy Boy needs to be fed and/or changed, Snaggletooth needs encouragement also known as a chill pill, Stinkerbell needs to be found and guided back to the right path or Lanny Man needs help in the bathroom even though he doesn't. I have to force myself to do the dishes and the laundry which explains why I always feel behind in those areas. *Sigh*

Welp, rather than whine and complain about never having time to do things I love, what is a good solution? I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I shouldn't feel guilty about doing those things I love. I should MAKE time for those 'mental health' things so I don't find myself on the other side of that line. You know how when our Grandmas were growing up, and maybe even our Moms, they had a day for baking and a day for laundry and things like that? I'm thinking that could work for me. Only I need to add blogging/journaling, digital scrapbooking, sewing and writing in there somewhere. :) Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Burt Family said...

I know the feeling Diana, I often have days go by that I look back and wonder what I did to make the day go by so fast. However, chasing after those kids is the best job you could ever do! Maybe make Sunday be your blogging/journaling day?

Unknown said...

I'm amazed at all you do already! You'd make the rest of us look really bad if you somehow started doing even more.

Christine Merrill said...

I don't know how to fit in the stuff you love, and I know that your life is different than mine, but I can tell you what keeps me sane when it feels like I can't do anything! I just remember that life is all about seasons, and this is my "crazy young kids" season, and before I know it, they'll all be in school, and things will be different. I guess it's a delayed gratification perspective :) It may not be for another 10 years, but at some point, I'm going to have a few free hours during the day to do stuff I like - hey, maybe I'll even start exercising! :)

Jen said...

All moms are overwhelmed, but you have a little girl you wouldn't be here without you and she needs you. So you just keep trolling along. You have a big family Diana. You are very blessed.

Someday you'll have more time. Don't worry about keeping your house perfect. It just gets messy again. Can your older girls help with your laundry and dishes?

You are the best mom I know. Don't stress yourself out by trying to do everything.

Love Ya , Jen

the Pozie said...

I totally know what you mean about mentally composing blogs while you are doing your housework. I have spent my summer simply writing a title to a new blog for something wonderful that day and saving the draft so I can fill it in with thoughts later when I have the time...some day I will go back and edit and post.