Friday, December 30, 2005

FLYbaby

I'm dressed to the shoes and I have make up on and I fixed my hair- for the second day in a row! My sinks are clean to the bottom and so shiny, I can practically see my reflection in them. I have to write this down in hopes that I'll be able to keep it up.

My house and it's cleanliness seem to reflect me. When it is extrememely messy, as it has wont to be lately, that's how it makes me feel- messed up. ;) Lately, I have been crashing into bed barely taking care of myself and staying up way too late which leaves me feling exhausted the next morning which leaves me with a feeling of uncaring which leads to an even messier house. It's a vicious cycle that I swore I would never repeat when my hubby bought me this nice, new house.

What I really needed was housecleaning therapy. It isn't as if I don't know HOW to do it, I have a degree in Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Ec.) for crying out loud! It's not like I have an evil facsination with watching the tub get slimy, it just happens and I need help. Enter a website. Can a website scrub a toilet? No, but it gives me the confidence to do so. Can a website wash dishes? No, but it encourages me to get to the bottom of the sink every night so the next morning my shiny sinks are the first thing I see. Can a website make me look more beautiful to myself? No, but it can help me make rules for myself about getting all the way dressed (no sweats allowed!), fixing my hair and applying make up.

The last two days, I have walked out of my bedroom taller (those that know me are asking, can she get any taller than 6 feet?) and feeling much better about myself. When I walk through the messy living room to the kitchen with shiny sinks, I think, hey, that's clean, maybe I'll clean something else to go with it!

So, what is this miracle website? It's flylady.net, of course! And the best part about it is that FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself and I so am! :) I can do this. I can make it a habit. I can do ANYTHING for 15 minutes at a time! :) :)

Learning how to FLY in Tooele! :)

No comments: